Why volunteer at Royston Museum?
- Make a difference – there are lots of projects at the museum that are completely run by volunteer power.
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience – a museum is a unique environment where you have the opportunity to be involved with things you just won’t find anywhere else.
- Feel part of a team – as a small museum we all work closely together. We also make sure we take time to celebrate successes and enjoy social activities as well as working hard.
We are also able to support Duke of Edinburgh placements and more structured work experience projects.
Here are some of the things our existing volunteers have said about their volunteering experience;
“I’ve really enjoyed the year, I feel part of a real team now”
“It makes me feel valued. I’ve learnt a lot and met lots of new people. It is really important to make sure future generations can enjoy this place like we do”
If you would like to volunteer with us, or would like some more information on the roles we offer, click on the links below.
For more information on all our volunteer roles please go to www.do-it.org.uk
This temporary exhibition space is a chance for members of the local community to curate their own display. Museums are all about collecting and if you have a collection that you’re passionate about, here’s your chance to share it.
The Showcase is also available for local groups who want to tell the community about what they do. Previous displays have been curated by the local Scouts, Guides and Family History Society. Other displays been about favourite nursery rhymes, Royston in WWI and teenage life in Royston.
To get involved or to find out more, please email email@example.com
Join our Friends Group and help support the future development of the museum facilities through fundraising activities.
The benefits of membership include:
- a regular newsletter
- invitations to private views of new exhibitions
- chance to participate in special events
- an opportunity to make new friends
Annual individual membership is £5.00 and Family Membership is £9.00, with individual life membership being £100.00.
If you are a local artist or community group we can offer our lovely balcony exhibition space to you to hire for an 8 week period for just £45. We charge 25% commission plus VAT on any sales made during the course of your exhibition.
Is your community group, business or organisation looking for a local meeting venue then consider Royston & District Museum & Art Gallery.
We can accommodate small meetings of up to 25 people in the beautiful surroundings of the museum. We charge £40 for day time hire of the premises and £45 for evening hire.
For more information on any of these or to book please contact the Museum Curator.