Why volunteer at Royston Museum?
- Make a difference. There are lots of projects at the museum that are completely run by volunteers.
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience. A museum is a unique environment where you have the chance to be involved with things you won’t find anywhere else.
- Feel part of a team. As a small museum we all work closely together. We also make sure we take time to celebrate successes and enjoy social activities as well as working hard.
We also support Duke of Edinburgh placements and work experience projects.
Here are some of the things our existing volunteers have said about their volunteering experience;
“I’ve really enjoyed the year, I feel part of a real team now”
“It makes me feel valued. I’ve learnt a lot and met lots of new people. It is really important to make sure future generations can enjoy this place like we do”
For more information on all our volunteer roles please go to www.do-it.org.uk
This temporary exhibition space is a chance for members of the local community to put together their own display. Museums are all about collecting and if you have a collection that you’re passionate about, here’s your chance to share it.
The Showcase is available for local groups who want to tell the community about what they do. The local Scouts, Guides and Family History Society have all had displays here. Other displays have been about nursery rhymes, Royston in the First World War and teenage life in Royston.
To get involved or to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Friends Group and support the museum through fundraising activities.
The benefits of membership include:
- a regular newsletter
- invitations to private views of new exhibitions
- chance to participate in special events
- an opportunity to make new friends
Contact us to find out more about joining the Friends at email@example.com
If you are a local artist or group we can offer our balcony exhibition space to you to hire for an 8 week period for £45. We charge 25% commission plus VAT on any sales made during your exhibition.
If your group, business or organisation is looking for a local meeting venue then consider Royston & District Museum & Art Gallery.
We can accommodate meetings of up to 25 people in the museum. We charge £40 for day time hire and £45 for evening hire.
For more information on any of these or to book please contact the Museum Curator.