The Royston Tapestry is finished! As we prepare it for display, we are looking for volunteers of all skills and abilities to help with this unique project.
The 24 metre embroidery needs a new border and lining before it can be displayed. There are several different steps, so don’t worry- we’ll find something that YOU will be able to help with! We are also looking for loans and donations of various supplies.
We are looking for people:
- Sewers of all levels, both hand and machine stitchers (hemming, blind hemming, hand joining)
- Embroiderers (able to stitch letters with back or stem stitches).
- Ironers (yes, really!)
- Fabric handlers and general assistance (no experience needed!)
- Calligraphers (pencil)
We are looking for loaned supplies:
- Sewing machines (standard or quilting)
- Embroidery hoops (any size)
- Press cloths and soft towels
- Seam rippers
We are looking for donated supplies:
- Unbleached broadcloth, 28 metres (please contact the Curator directly)
- Border Ribbon (please contact the Curator directly)
- Velcro ribbon (please contact the Curator directly)
- White or unbleached quilting thread (please bring by Museum during opening hours)
- Hand stitching needles (please bring by Museum during opening hours)
If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up below!